TEST RIDE OUR FREE, PILOT eCab SERVICE
Have feedback? Take Our Survey
Want to be ready to ride? Click below to download the app:
When asked for a PIN, simply enter 1234.
- This is a FREE service
- This is a four-month pilot program
- The service area is within the Community Improvement District and defined as 4th Street to Union Station and Highway 40 to Cole Street
- Rides are offered: Monday -Friday from 10 am – 2 pm & 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. (Survey respondents provided us with input on the preferred hours)
- 3 cabs running at any given time
- Max number of passengers: 5
- You can also hail a cab, if available, or summon the eCab by calling 314-649-8089.
- Average wait time is 10 minutes; App will provide approx. wait time.*
* Wait time will vary during peak time. Peak time is during any major sporting events, conventions or other major event in downtown that results in heightened user volume.
For questions or feedback, you can contact eCab customer service at 314-675-0295 email firstname.lastname@example.org
Is eCab ADA Compliant?
The eCab can accommodate folding wheelchairs and walkers currently. The vehicles are not yet retrofitted to service motorized wheelchairs. Full paratransit will still need to be serviced through Bi-State.
Do my tax dollars pay for this?
The program is currently being paid for by the Downtown St. Louis partnership (not taxes; it’s a real estate assessment which is granted by petition of property owners).
Will this take away fares from taxi cabs?
Electric Cab North America operates electric cabs in dense urban cores. eCabs are typically only going a short distance, i.e. 2-3 blocks thus not competing with cabs and other rideshare options that service longer routes.
What happens after June?
This is a Community Improvement District funded service to test a long term transit solution for Downtown.
How will this have a positive impact on our region?
Use of the service will be closely analyzed and monitored to determine the times & days of greatest demand. Ideally, this free service will incent more visitors to travel downtown, offer enhanced security (cameras on the cars?) and serve as a valued benefit to those working and living in the downtown area.